CODE OF ETHICS
All Malibu Canyon Aquatics Swimmers, Coaches and Parents will be held to a standard of behavior that provides a positive environment for their child's swimming experience. Parents pledge to be good spectators; to assess the philosophy of Malibu Canyon Aquatics to make sure it matches their child's needs; to understand that all children are able to achieve success, but in varying ways and at varying levels; to provide unconditional support; and to pay attention to see if their child is having fun, learning, and improving. To understand the process is far more important than the outcome.
Coaches Code of Ethics Pledge
• We will lead by example in demonstrating our club values of Honor, Humility and Discipline.
• We will always place the emotional and physical well being of our swimmers ahead of a personal and professional desire to win.
• We will treat each swimmer as an individual, remembering the large range of emotional and physical development differences that can exist within the same age group.
• We will always work to provide a safe learning environment for our swimmers, both physically and emotionally.
• We promise to review and practice the basic first aid principles needed to treat injuries of our swimmers.
• We will do our best to organize sessions that are fun and challenging for all of our swimmers.
• We will provide an environment for our club that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol at all times.
• We will always use techniques appropriate for each of the skills we teach.
• We will remember that we are youth sports coaches, and that swimming is for the children and not the adults.
Parents' Code of Ethics Pledge
• I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care and encouragement for my child participating in the Swim Academy or Team by following this Parents' Code of Ethics Pledge.
• I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating the values of Honor, Humility and Discipline at all times and providing positive support to every member of the club.
• I will place the emotional and physical well being of my child ahead of a personal desire to win or succeed.
• I will support coaches and staff working with my child in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
• I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free of drugs, tobacco, alcohol, and will refrain from their use at all club events and sessions.
• I will remember that swimming is for the children in the program - not for adults.
• I will do my very best to make youth sports fun for my child.
• I will insist my child treat other swimmers, staff and coaches with respect regardless of race, gender, creed, or ability.
• I promise to help my child enjoy swimming by doing whatever I can, such as being a respectable and valued role model.
Swimmers' Code of Ethics Pledge
• I hereby pledge to live by the values of Honor, Humility and Discipline and accept responsibility for my participation on Malibu Canyon Aquatics by following this Code of Ethics.
• I will encourage good sportsmanship and strong values from fellow swimmers, coaches, and parents at all times by demonstrating them myself.
• I will always do my very best to listen and learn from my coaches and teachers.
• I will treat my fellow swimmers, my coaches and all MCA staff with respect regardless of race,
gender, creed, or abilities and I will expect to be treated the same way.
• I deserve to play in an environment that is free of drugs, tobacco, alcohol, and expect
adults to refrain from their use at all club events.
• I will encourage my parents to be involved with my development in some capacity because it is important to me.
• I will do my very best in school.
• I will remember that swimming is an opportunity to learn and have fun